Monday, December 27, 2010

Digging out of a rut

Have you ever felt like you were in a complete rut? I had a whole week to myself, to do anything I wanted to do and do you know what I did?? I stayed home. Did I write? No. Did I clean up? No. Did I watch tv and play on the computer? Yup. I need to get out, I need to interact with other adults, yet when given the chance, I stayed home. What's up with that???

It's an endless cycle, you know. You stay home one day b/c you feel a little lazy, don't feel like going out anywhere. Day after day you get lazier and lazier, and it gets harder and harder to go out. It's a trap! I love my new place, but I don't want to be in it 24 hours a day! So how do I break out of my funk?

I could invite a friend to coffee...but I have to work and can't really afford to take the time off during the week. I could take a lunch break and meet a friend for lunch, but that costs money...which I don't really have. I could take the kids out somewhere they have wifi so I can work and they can play....but that's really distracting, having to keep an eye on them in a public place. Ok, so I'm full of excuses. I can't wait for people to come to me and ask me to do things. It's time to call out the troops! It's time to go out and make some new friends and see my old friends. It's time to get off my ass, no matter how comfortable it is!! Yeah, good pep talk; wonder if I will follow it....

So what do you do when you are in a rut? How do you break out of it? This is usually the time I do something crazy and stupid...so help me out and keep me out of trouble.

2 comments:

  1. Suzy...
    Despite the fact that money is tight (as it always is), you can't let it control you. There are plenty of things you can do with little or no money. Besides, you are a very intelligent and talented writer, you could use that skill to barter your way in to a new activity by writing a professional review of it for their website or blog, etc. Ruts suck... I know it... and the deeper the rut, the harder it is to find the ladder to get out. Love ya babe... -=\E/=-

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Evan! Actually, a review blog is a really good idea, thanks! Thank you also for the compliments on my intelligence and my writing...it's nice to hear. I loved your food blog, btw.

    ReplyDelete